Cheshire East Local Offer
Where to find the Cheshire East Local Offer
The Cheshire East Local Offer:
- includes information about the support and provision that families can expect from a wide range of agencies for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities (SEND) from birth to 25 years old
- covers support and provision for children and young people with and without an Education, Health and Care Plan or Statement of Special Educational Need
- is set out in one place so families and professionals have access to the same information
- describes available support and services within Cheshire East, along with provision outside of Cheshire East that families may also be able to access
- has been co-produced with families and professionals from a wide variety of agencies across Cheshire East
Cheshire East guiding principles (PDF, 340KB) were produced through collaborative work between professionals from a variety of agencies and local parent carers to guide the development of the Cheshire East Local Offer.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it, and
- To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or a disability, their parents, and service providers in its development and review
The Local Offer provides information on a wide range of areas, including:
- education and training
- health provision
- care provision
- things to do
- money and Benefits
- preparing for adulthood
- advice and support
- getting around (travel arrangements)
- how to tell us what you think about the Local Offer
Information for education providers on Implementing the Local Offer in Cheshire East
Local Offer quick links
The Cheshire East Parent Carer Forum recommend the following information if you are new to the sometimes confusing world of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including autism:
- Cheshire East Family Information Service (FIS) provides free, confidential and impartial information to parents and carers with children and young people aged from 0-25 years old. FIS provides a wide range of information and advice on subjects such as finding childcare, childcare funding, the Parenting Journey and applying for a school place. FIS can also support you in accessing services available through the Cheshire East Local Offer supporting children with Special Educational needs or Disabilities (SEND). You can access information online via the FIS webpage or contact FIS by phone Monday to Friday, as well as visiting FIS at the Early Start Hubs (Children Centres) across Cheshire East.
- The Carers’ Hub provides a single point of access for all Carers including adult, parent and young carers. The hub will ensure that Carers of all ages will have access to information, advice and a wide range of support services. These support services are designed to help Carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and to reduce the impact the caring role can have on a Carers own health and wellbeing.
- If you are a carer of a child and you need a break, the Short Breaks information may be of use to you. Breaks can last from just a few hours to a few days – from daytime and evening activities to weekend and overnight or maybe longer.
- The Things to Do section of the Local Offer provides information about specialist leisure activities that have been specifically tailored for children and young people aged 0-25 with SEND. However, children and young people with SEND also take part in and enjoy many of the universal leisure activities that are available for children and young people in Cheshire East. Information on universal activities can be found in the Community Activities section of Live Well.
- To know more about how educational settings (for example, nurseries, schools or colleges) can identify and support children with special educational needs The Cheshire East Toolkit for SEND provides detailed information.
Support & Advice
Welcome to CEIAS the Cheshire East Information, Advice and Support Team
click on the icon below