Supporting your child
What we do
• Build positive feelings of self-worth and resilience
• Develop communication skills
• Foster positive attitudes to family and society
• Develop a range of life and social skills
• Identify personal feelings and coping strategies
• Make increased academic progress
We work with children for a period of time, generally over a six to twelve week period of time, although this timeframe is flexible and is tailored to the needs of each child. Assessment places will receive a bespoke package based on need and further assessment timelines. We are further supported in our work by a range of professionals including an Educational Psychologist, SENDCO and Family Support Services.
From referral, identified children are observed and assessed in their home school by a member of the Cornerstone Team. We always endeavour to tailor the curriculum to children’s individual needs. Through core literacy and numeracy, along with Outdoor Learning which is embedded in our focused practice. This, in turn, develops vital skills needed to engage in a wider curriculum as well as helping the children to learn and value cooperation, teambuilding, trust and friendship.
My Family Coach is a free website written by behaviour experts with 20 years’ experience working with over 5,000 schools. My Family Coach will support you through the tough times, inspire you with new ideas, and share practical tips to make parenting that little bit easier.
Expert support for every parenting challenge
Being a parent is hard. You ask yourself…
- Is this behaviour normal?
- How can I support my child?
- Where can I find the expert help I need?