Cornerstone Academy aims to help the most disengaged children re-engage in full time education, ultimately preventing any child from reception to year 6 in Cheshire East receiving a permanent exclusion. Our key focus is to help children make a successful return to full time education or where this is not possible help identify the best forms of provision to meet a child’s specific needs.
A different type of school
Cornerstone Academy is a unique educational asset in Cheshire East: a different type of school that provides opportunities for young people who currently present as unable to meet the demands of mainstream provision. It is our conviction that these children have tremendous potential that an innovative school will nurture to ensure that, initially they are not permanently excluded from school or, where they have been excluded, to ensure their return to full time appropriate provision is rapid and sustained.
At Cornerstone, we connect with young people to facilitate re-engagement in education. We help children to build positive relationships with peers and school. We build each child’s self-esteem, self-confidence, integrity, resilience and mental well-being. We create an atmosphere and culture of trust and openness where children feel safe and secure and able to discuss their worries and concerns. We put in place the building blocks for a future where children enjoy learning and realise and release their potential.
Cornerstone Offer July 2022
Principles and values
The key principles to achieving our vision and approach are captured in the YES Trust’s overarching goal to help everyone embrace and experience positive C.H.A.N.G.E by promoting a positive attitude and the ability to succeed in life:
- Challenge yourself – Through bespoke teaching pathways we help all students challenge their ability, fostering accelerated progress no matter their starting points. Giving students clear pathways to improvement destinations in all areas of personal growth (academic, vocational, personal, social and emotional).
- Help each other – Though all academies serve different cohorts and needs within their student bodies, we are committed to helping all achieve their true potential. Within each academy there is the explicit view that we are one community working together to benefit all. Together we learn, challenge and succeed.
- Aspire to be great – No idea is a bad idea, and through our academies we foster curiosity and creativity. Our individual academies all have innovative models of delivery, which help every young person find their niche so they aspire to be great.
- Nurture your potential – With a rich and deep curriculum in every academy we foster individual talent, stretching them to obtain higher qualification in their respective educational fields
- Grow as an individual – We focus on each student’s skills and interests to help target specific study on progression into further / higher education, training and / or employment. With access to internal and external career days, all our students are equipped to make informed choices when they move onto their next step.
- Enjoy learning – It is important to invigorate every student to love education so they can become confident lifelong learners. All our academies foster this in students inspiring them through well produced educational content and curriculum models, educational visits and guest speakers, allowing each student to realise they can succeed and will be a success.